50 yard Bow shoot by a 10 year old

strokin99

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
178   0
Reaction score
My son and I were hunting Saturday morning. Around 9:30 we headed back to camp for a quick bite because he was hungy. We ate a sandwich then back out we went. We were back in the stand by 10:30. At 11am this 130lb 6 pointer walked out directly across the Powerline from us. The buck turn broad side and just stood there. I told my son to aim high ( at the top of his back ) and let her rip. And you can see the results. This was his first deer as well. The deer ran about 30 yards in the woods. We had to take a second shot because the deer was just laying down, alive but unable to move. Bow was a Horton 175 crossbow.

Attachments

• DSCN0950.JPG
    DSCN0950.JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 159
  • DSCN0953.JPG
    DSCN0953.JPG
    304.7 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCN0951.JPG
    DSCN0951.JPG
    317.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
GREAT!! Good shot there too! A lot of old men have never taken a deer with a bow. Good to see you got him with the war paint too...my dad did the same to me!

So his first deer was killed with a bow at 50 yards, and he's 10!!
Congrats, I bet you were proud.

Surely this kid will be on The Outdoors Channel one day!

He was very excited. He was the first to find the blood and get us moving in the right direction on tracking the deer. I have 3 young boys, and when we go out it's them that get to shoot. I'll take a few days during the rut for my deer huinting, but other wise it's all for them.

Back
Top Bottom