$599 Ak's at palmetto state armory...

N.Ga.Trader

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
197   0
Reaction score
Screenshot_20211217-115710_DuckDuckGo.jpg

It's an AK. Without the history behind the imports, there really isn't much demand for them. Better options available for a better price. Nobody wants American AKs.

I just bought one as a range toy/beater. Not really concerned with the history aspect, I have my garands for that. As far as where it's made, doesn't really matter as long as it goes bang everytime and doesn't beat itself apart or explode in my hands. Chances are I'll get bored and sell or trade it before I ever get enough rounds through it for that to happen anyway.

PSA has kind of a checkered past when it comes to AKs. AKOU finally seemed to get one that worked for their whole 5000 round test with the Gen 4 version, but the ones before that all conked out with various problems if I remember correctly.

Still, for range use it's not a bad price these days, and I think the Gen 3s were decent, if not spectacular rifles.

Demand for AKs seems to have plummeted though with the ban on cheap Russian ammo. I'm sure companies will work around it but it'll take time and will always be more expensive.

I've also noticed a few larger ranges (AO, Sharpshooters) are now banning the use of steel cased ammo completely. Shooting $.50/round brass cased ammo takes a lot of the cheap fun out of an AK.

Back
Top Bottom