• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

6x45

Cobalt,

I have a 6X45 and I love it. I built mine from the ground up with an ODT lower and a Blackhole Weaponry barrel. I love mine.

As for why a 6mm instead of a 6.8, the 6mm still has good ballistics in the weight range that a 5.56 sized case capacity can push. The 6.8 doesn't come into it's own until you get to 110-120 grains, which a .223 sized case can't push fast enough. The 80-100 grain 6mm bullets are perfect for the AR platform.

Hornady makes the dies and it is very easy to load for.

I have used AA2200, H4895, XBR 8208 and AR-Comp powders and bullets in the 80-90 grain range. I haven't had a load yet that shot less than 2" at 100 yards. I also took a decent little buck with it this past deer season using a 80 grain Speer SSP bullet. Shot right in the base of the neck and he didn't move.

PM me if you want some load data. If you are ever down in the Dallas/Hiram area, you are more than welcome to check mine out and shoot it.

PMing you shortly! I want to use mine for deer and hogs. I can take both with .223, but a little more oomph is never a bad thing. Especially since it appears to shoot just as flat, or close to it, as .223.

Cobalt,

I have a 6X45 and I love it. I built mine from the ground up with an ODT lower and a Blackhole Weaponry barrel. I love mine.

As for why a 6mm instead of a 6.8, the 6mm still has good ballistics in the weight range that a 5.56 sized case capacity can push. The 6.8 doesn't come into it's own until you get to 110-120 grains, which a .223 sized case can't push fast enough. The 80-100 grain 6mm bullets are perfect for the AR platform.

Hornady makes the dies and it is very easy to load for.

I have used AA2200, H4895, XBR 8208 and AR-Comp powders and bullets in the 80-90 grain range. I haven't had a load yet that shot less than 2" at 100 yards. I also took a decent little buck with it this past deer season using a 80 grain Speer SSP bullet. Shot right in the base of the neck and he didn't move.

PM me if you want some load data. If you are ever down in the Dallas/Hiram area, you are more than welcome to check mine out and shoot it.

Awesome!!

6 X 45?

Here's my solution but I don't think it was what you are looking for...

Attachments

• PICT0030.jpg
    PICT0030.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 4
  • PICT0023.jpg
    PICT0023.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 8
Hayata-- nice 45, have you put a magnet close to the brass projectile. Some of the import stuff has a steel core bullet under a very thin jacket that can allow the steel core to rub the rifling on its way down the barrel.

I too, have pondered the 6x45. I like everything about it. It was one of the first in the many attempts to improve on the 5.56.

I just don't have the need to spend the money on it when I have a 5.56 AR and a 243 bolt gun.

Back
Top Bottom