• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

7 MAUSER Recipes Needed

270/7mm

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
18   0
Reaction score
I got a buddy that is willing to reload me some 7 mauser but all he reloads is pistol rounds and said if I could get the recipe he is willing.... So tell me what works for you... Primers,powder,bullets.... Factory load recipe is fine but if you have one that works great for you then I am all ears.... Thanks JOSH

Your buddy's manuals contain rifle info. I wouldn't recommend any particular load, or that you use anyone else's load data. Stay with published stuff.

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

The first thing you need to consider is what type of rifle you will be shooting. If you are shooting a military surplus Mauser model 93, loads will need to be light. If you are reloading for a modern rifle such as a Remington Model 700, or Ruger Number 1, then you can use any data which is out there. European cartridges are loaded to a much higher level than American ones in 7X57 due to the large number of old surplus rifles here in our country. Shooting my Ruger Number 1 in 7X57 over a chronograph, I routinely get 2700 plus feet per second with 140-145 grain bullets. Also, there are no signs of excess pressure. My advice is if you are really interested, get your own equipment, and enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom