• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

700 nitro What? How's about a 4 BORE

A 4 bore with smokeless powder would be all but unfireable from the shoulder. A quarter pound projectile...**** no.

What's the weight on a 20mm projectile? Granted I've never seen one fired without a bipod down and 20mm rifles are stupid heavy

I don't know, but I doubt many people could fire one from the shoulder. A friend has a Shiloh Sharps in 50-110 that will sling a 450 grain bullet downrange at about 1500 fps with bp, that was a plenty. The old Shiloh wasn't really built for comfort.

I don't know, but I doubt many people could fire one from the shoulder. A friend has a Shiloh Sharps in 50-110 that will sling a 450 grain bullet downrange at about 1500 fps with bp, that was a plenty. The old Shiloh wasn't really built for comfort.

Several years back, I owned a Ruger No 1 that I had built in 460 Weatherby Mag. It sent a 500 grain bullet at 2500 fps. And yes, it did kick. But I have shot it 10 times in 30 min's before. I wouldn't let a kid or woman shoot it, but several guys I know did try it. It's not as bad as one would think if you are standing and holding it correctly.

Having said that, I now own a Sharpes in 45/70, and it does hurt your shoulder because of the stock and buttplate shape.

Back
Top Bottom