8.5 AR Pistol to SBR- rail question

mycall_willis

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
12   0
Reaction score
Ok guys I hope I'm not out of line asking this but here it goes.
I am building an 8.5" AR pistol that I plan to SBR later on down the road and I need help with finding the right rail. The plan is to put a flaming pig on the end of my pistol and I want to only have about 1/4 or less of the pig showing. So the two questions are:
1) what length of rail? (I'm thinking 11"?)
2) are there any deals that y'all know of on the rail you recommend (extended black friday or cyber monday deals)

well... the KX3 is 3.28" OAL - add that to your 8.5" barrel... and you're about 11.75".

An 11" rail will leave about 3/4" sticking out... think that's about as close as you'll get...

You'll need an ID of around 1.5" to fit it inside... keep that in mind.

well... the KX3 is 3.28" OAL - add that to your 8.5" barrel... and you're about 11.75".

An 11" rail will leave about 3/4" sticking out... think that's about as close as you'll get...

You'll need an ID of around 1.5" to fit it inside... keep that in mind.
I appreciate the input Dirty J. As usual the ODT community looking out for other members :thumb:
Here's a decent price on a 11" Troy rail... though I know nothing about this one... you will also want to check the ID... it's not mentioned on this ad

http://www.primaryarms.com/srai-ml1-11bt-00/p/srai-ml1-11bt-00/
I will definitely look in to this! By "ID" do you mean internal dimensions? I assume you mean just make sure it will fit inside the rail

Yea the Troy rail would work. The other that I know for a fact would work is some of the Seekins rails, the Samson ones, and the YHM rails. This is the Samson.
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_11_30_f91ab40422bea7243045379db5e73d8d.jpg

@jkaczyn18 I think that would look a little cleaner and a little meaner on such a short pistol, but I'm not sure I can beat the price for the quality for the price that Dirty J recommended, but hey I've got all the time in the world for this build so I will definitely look into your recommendations as well

By the way I appreciate the input and the Pic ...pretty mean looking

Back
Top Bottom