9/16/16-9/18/16 deer hunt.

sambo77

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
141   0
Reaction score
Friday evening we got to camp around 3 pm. Went to pull cards in cameras and jumped 2 does in a food plot and another doe chowing down on some persimmons. Saw 2 younger does later in a different food plot but let them walk. Saturday morning I saw a spike and a doe right around day break but neither one would turn broadside. Saturday evening I had 2 does and a 6 point come running in on the food plot while I was bleating. Drew down on the smaller doe, then the 6 walked out, my dumb self didn't look at the right pin and shot just below him. This morning I had a doe walk up and graze for a little while she didn't turn broadside until she was right at the trail she went down, I was gonna shoot but she wouldn't stop walking even when I whistled and bleated at her.

How has yall's weekend been?

Friday evening we got to camp around 3 pm. Went to pull cards in cameras and jumped 2 does in a food plot and another doe chowing down on some persimmons. Saw 2 younger does later in a different food plot but let them walk. Saturday morning I saw a spike and a doe right around day break but neither one would turn broadside. Saturday evening I had 2 does and a 6 point come running in on the food plot while I was bleating. Drew down on the smaller doe, then the 6 walked out, my dumb self didn't look at the right pin and shot just below him. This morning I had a doe walk up and graze for a little while she didn't turn broadside until she was right at the trail she went down, I was gonna shoot but she wouldn't stop walking even when I whistled and bleated at her.

How has yall's weekend been?

What kind of calls and bleats do you use?

I was using a primos bleat can but wasn't letting it run down fully, i also use a multi-call that i adjust the reed that way I can give the impression of a fawn. it was driving them 3 crazy last night it almost seemed like they raced to get up to the food plot.

The deer may have winded You and wouldn't stop.
I've never had a deer stop for any calls, whistles or yells once it winded me and walked away.

I've also had no Luck with bleats outside of the rut.

I've had more
Luck bringing them in by simply
Running through the woods then stopping and waiting to see what come a runnin'.

I've never had a deer stop for any calls, whistles or yells once it winded me and walked away.

I've had more

That's what i was thinking she walked a straight toward me then turned. I've had pretty good luck with bleats all throughout the season, I just give little short bleats, I really like that fawn bleat, it'll bring a big mature doe in pretty good.

Glad you got to see some deer. I have not been since last Sunday morning. I'm having withdrawals.
I was off work all week and had withdrawals like crazy knowing I didn't have to go to work but couldn't go hunt because me and my wife were celebrating our 3rd anniversary. Love my wife but sure was happy when Friday got here and I loaded up and left for camp.

I was using a primos bleat can but wasn't letting it run down fully, i also use a multi-call that i adjust the reed that way I can give the impression of a fawn. it was driving them 3 crazy last night it almost seemed like they raced to get up to the food plot.

I've got the same two set ups and like to use the can for short bleats as well.
I've tried my little primos call
With the adjustable reed and had great success calling in bucks with it.
I'll give it a shot with some does but never had any luck in the past.

I've had more

Not seem like an utter rookie, but does that really work? One of my stands is is in so deep that I have zero chance of getting in quietly, should I just jog/walk quickly?

Back
Top Bottom