9mm carbine loads

07JKX

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
106   0
Reaction score
Looking for some experience on 9mm carbine loads. Specifically with titegroup. Hodgedon has date for the 125 lead rn I a, using with a 3.6-4.0 start-max span. It seems to meter well enough for good accuracy, but curious if anyone has any recipes. I am shooting a hi point 995 and factory loads can get me about a 1 - 1.5" group at 25 yards using a reflex sight. My titegroup loads of 3.7 are giving me groups around 4" with some flyers at the same distance. I figure I would load up some sets of 10 using 3.5 - 4.1 and see what happens, but any info would be great.

A slower powder and a heavier bullet is what I used to use in my 9mm carbine (158 grain lead 36super bullet and BlueDot, 2400, or Unique). I would run a small rifle primer as well, but you don't need to.

These loads worked for me. Use caution; your results may vary. Make sure the brass is in good condition -- once fired.

Marlin Camp 9 158 LRN Unique 3.35grain
Marlin Camp 9 158 LRN 2400 5.50grain
Marlin Camp 9 158 LRN Tite Group 3.00grain Fed Mag >> 1025FPS

only chronoed the TiteGroup Load

Last edited:
Also, TiteGroup and Lead are not the best of combo's, unless the lead is Hard Cast or coated. You need a .356 diameter lead bullet in most 9mm when shooting lead. You may need to slow your load down; the bullet may be at its limit in your barrel.

Also, TiteGroup and Lead are not the best of combo's, unless the lead is Hard Cast or coated. You need a .356 diameter lead bullet in most 9mm when shooting lead. You may need to slow your load down; the bullet may be at its limit in your barrel.

thats what I am hearing.. perhaps I should reserve the titegroup for my .45 plinking loads and try some loads with my friends unique and another powder.

I have about 850 125 grn lrn left in my gaarms bulk to use up... I guess I will experiment with those and a few different powders and then bump up to a heavier bullet. Unless I can sell the to a buddy of mine.

perhaps a slower powder would heat up less quickly and reduce the leading as well. It was not terrible... but definitely a chore to clean thoroughly. I am yet to try out the copper choreboy brand pads... I am told they work extremely well on lead build up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom