• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm load

Cruisers460

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
75   0
Reaction score
OK, I have my 9mm dies coming next week. About 4 lbs of Unique and a few thousand primers. The only thing I haven't picked up is bullets. Looking through my stash though I do have about 800 of the 95gr. TMJ bullets that are used in 380's. Anybody out there play with any this light in their 9's? If so what were the results and the loads you used? Will be running these through a G19.

I think they are a little short for the 9mm. I always like lighter bullets in auto pistols so in 9mm I like the 115gr FMJ and HP. Check out berry's or ranier plated bullets. Get a hollow base and you have more length for the case to grip the bullet. They tend to be a little more accurate in my experience also.

You'll most likely have best results with bullets in the 124-130gr range and some decent speed in a Glock. I try to buy in bulk and with that, my favorite bullets are the Montana Gold 124gr JHPs. If you get a case at a time, they work out to be about 8 cents a piece.

You'll most likely have best results with bullets in the 124-130gr range and some decent speed in a Glock. I try to buy in bulk and with that, my favorite bullets are the Montana Gold 124gr JHPs. If you get a case at a time, they work out to be about 8 cents a piece.

True this^

Unique/Universal Clays (Hodgdon) are fairly fast burning powders and my experience has been that faster powders and light bullets don't work well in Glocks. I'd suggest you run 124 grain pills with that powder if you are shooting your rounds through a Glock or other light weight polymer frame gun.

Load up 10 at a time with increasing powder charges. Function and accuracy test them. When you think you got a good loading, then load a 100 or two and see how that works out.

Really small 9mm (G26) Glocks will be more sensitive to loadings and the full size Glock the least. So if it works in the baby Glock you should be good to go in a G17 or if blessed a G18. Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom