• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

9mm or .40 s&w

9mm or .40

• Total voters
Go with what you shoot best. 9mm and .40 are not that different in ballistics, I don't care what internet graphs you've seen. No conventional handgun round has " Stopping Power", sorry not even the .45 ACP +P or the 10mm. You want to hit them in a lethal spot, I can shoot you in the right spot in the gut with a 10mm and you'll be fine after some agony and pain. I can shoot you in the heart with a .22LR and you'll die.

9mm is quicker, MUCH quicker follow up shots, more capacity, cheaper to practice with, easier to find most of the time, and battle proven ( See WW2)

Go with what you shoot best. 9mm and .40 are not that different in ballistics, I don't care what internet graphs you've seen. No conventional handgun round has " Stopping Power", sorry not even the .45 ACP +P or the 10mm. You want to hit them in a lethal spot, I can shoot you in the right spot in the gut with a 10mm and you'll be fine after some agony and pain. I can shoot you in the heart with a .22LR and you'll die.

9mm is quicker, MUCH quicker follow up shots, more capacity, cheaper to practice with, easier to find most of the time, and battle proven ( See WW2)

I agree 100%. But if I am to sell either a 9mm or .40, I'd kinda like to know what the general feeling is.

I'm more inclined to buy a 9MM simply because, if for no other reason (as TT stated) the ammo is cheaper and is in allot of cases easier to find.

Last edited:
Also, with the 4th gen 9mm Glocks having the "issue" with the stiffer recoil spring, some people might be straying away from buying those. Even though it is apparently not really an issue, and would supposedly work itself out with some use, and Glock is offering a lighter spring for free, the thought of an unreliable Glock is sure to keep some people from buying them readily.

Also, with the 4th gen 9mm Glocks having the "issue" with the stiffer recoil spring, some people might be straying away from buying those. Even though it is apparently not really an issue, and would supposedly work itself out with some use, and Glock is offering a lighter spring for free, the thought of an unreliable Glock is sure to keep some people from buying them readily.

Interesting about the "issue" with gen4 9mm. I myself have a gen4 19 and up to this point have put over 600 rounds with zero problems.

Interesting about the "issue" with gen4 9mm. I myself have a gen4 19 and up to this point have put over 600 rounds with zero problems.

Not a Glock person myself but it doesn't surprise me, Im sure its mostly just Internet rumor. No doubt some people have had problems but I doubt it is common.

Back
Top Bottom