• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

9mm or .40 s&w

9mm or .40

• Total voters
I just like my 3rd gen 22 just because I carried it for a long time when I was a LEO. Just but like everybody has said 9mm ammo is cheaper. IMO the 9 has a lot muzzle flip to me and the 40 is more inward recoil. My wife shoots the 40 alot better and she is only 105 soaking wet.

Get either one...someone will buy it. I personally like the 40...but then again I traded mine and went .357 Magnum (the real .357 ;))revolver crazy.

No flames...I know the .357 Sig is almost as hot as a .357M...just make sure you get a gun that has a fully supported chamber if that is your caliber of choice. I've seen what Glocks in .357 do to the brass...not pretty.

I have to agree w/ what TacticalTaco said.
I have been carrying a G-23 for about 15 years now but I am comfortable carrying a G-19 w/ +p Gold Dots.
Bonded ammo really seems to narrow the performance margin between calibers.
We have been on the range almost every week this year & pretty much every student, beginning through advanced, shoots the 9mm faster & more accurately.

I have to agree w/ what TacticalTaco said.
I have been carrying a G-23 for about 15 years now but I am comfortable carrying a G-19 w/ +p Gold Dots.
Bonded ammo really seems to narrow the performance margin between calibers.
We have been on the range almost every week this year & pretty much every student, beginning through advanced, shoots the 9mm faster & more accurately.

The 9mm is one of the best rounds to start shooting with IMO. Between a 9mm and a .22 there is no better starter caliber. With a nice gold dot or powRball the 9mm can get work done!

I like both 9mm and .40 , You can do damage with both. The only reason I would pick 9mm over the .40. Like others stated. Its more cheaper to shoot and its around and not that hard to find.

I go with 40 because I can buy a .357 sig and 9mm barrel for it. Having 3 calibers in one gun will save you some money.
I had nothing but problems with my gen 4 22 with the 9mm lone wolf barrel. The 357 sig barrel was fine, but the 9mm would ftf every time. If I were going to go that route I would get a glock 32 so I could carry with the factory glock 357 sig barrel. I have a p229 I carry 357 sig in and practice with 40.

Back
Top Bottom