• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A Bikers Life

Unfortunately I think the "biker lifestyle" has been very watered down in the last several years as more mid life crisis suburbanites decide to play biker. Every now and then I'll see a real deal old school biker with a dusty bike, worn leather, etc. but more often than not the bikers I see look like they just drove right out of a Harley advertisement. I guess it's easy for people to go to their clean, friendly, local Harley dealer and buy a nice new bike with factory accessories that make it look "custom" and then pick up shiny new leather and helmets on the way out the door. I actually know of someone who orders different dealer t-shirts online from all over the country so they can wear them and make people think they've actually been there.

Unfortunately I think the "biker lifestyle" has been very watered down in the last several years as more mid life crisis suburbanites decide to play biker. Every now and then I'll see a real deal old school biker with a dusty bike, worn leather, etc. but more often than not the bikers I see look like they just drove right out of a Harley advertisement. I guess it's easy for people to go to their clean, friendly, local Harley dealer and buy a nice new bike with factory accessories that make it look "custom" and then pick up shiny new leather and helmets on the way out the door. I actually know of someone who orders different dealer t-shirts online from all over the country so they can wear them and make people think they've actually been there.

Yep, and these are the ones I keep seeing in the obituaries who have only been riding for a couple of months. 20 miles and 20 grand DON'T make you a biker. I call em' weekend warriors. I don't ride as much as I used to but I've been riding on the street for over 37 years, my son has only had his bike for about 2 1/2 months but he's already put over 4700 miles on it. This is a pic of us from a few weeks ago when he came up from Fla. to visit, no trailer for him either, he rode it from Ft. Walton Beach and back, through hail storms and rain, bugs and all.
i56.tinypic.com_2qsxova.jpg

Thems wannabes,RUBS,or just sh1theads as far as I'm concerned.I got a 77 Electra Glide that old school enough? Been on Harleys since 1969 so I paid my dues.Love riding scooters always have hope it never ends.

Thems wannabes,RUBS,or just sh1theads as far as I'm concerned.I got a 77 Electra Glide that old school enough? Been on Harleys since 1969 so I paid my dues.Love riding scooters always have hope it never ends.

I'll bet that Glide ain't all dusty and sh*t though. My Roadstar ain't but my leather sure has seen better days. LOL!

I certainly wasn't saying anything bad about real bikers, it just makes me roll my eyes and sigh when you see that middle aged clean cut couple with all the brand new stuff on a brand new box stock bike. We live in a great, free country where you can do whatever you want, but the folks that want to play "biker" crack me up.

"Honey, what would you think about skipping The Masters this year and buying a motorcycle so that we can ride up to Helen on some weekends in the fall?" "Oh wow, that would be great! We can buy leather vests and be just like Easy Rider!"

Back
Top Bottom