A trifecta of lever action projects - time to get working

Kyzrsoze

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
188   0
Reaction score
Over time I have been acquiring and setting aside interesting lever action rifles - the goal being that I would hone my skills on a few projects, and create a few family heirlooms along the way. Until recently I thought I was alone in this, but I am finding that many of you share my interest. As happens with all of us, life intrudes. I decided to post my project guns with the hope that it will spur me to get moving on the projects as other more industrious folks have.

The Three Amigos
Lever

1) 1973 Marlin 336 Texan. I've actually refinished the wood on this one, and I am in the process of re-bluing. This is a work in progress so there are parts missing on this one at the moment.
DSC00517.JPG

2) Winchester 94 Trapper - This shorty will pull alternating duty as a home defense gun and on the gun rack in the trunk of the car. I havent touched it yet, and I haven't decided how it will be finished.
DSC00513.JPG

3) I almost like this one too much as is, and its well earned patina indicates a long life of interesting stories. I will likely leave it alone or at least save it for last. Maybe in a year I'll know what I'm doing with it. It's an early 1950s 336SC in .32 Winchester Special, so yeah - it's pre-safety, but it's also pre-Micro Groove rifling. It also has the "waffle top" receiver, and mercifully it has been spared the indignity of being drilled for scope mounts over the last 60 years. I managed to get my steel toe in shot cause I know you guys like that sort of thing.
DSC00516.JPG

DSC00509.JPG

Last edited:
The short mag tube on the 32 makes that one balance well I'm sure. My Glenfield has that and it is much easier to hold a bead with a full mag.

32 Winchester, you don't see that everyday!!!

That's one thing I like about lever guns - they have a long, rich history, and there have been quite a few odd variations and models built over the years. The 336 was only chambered in 32 until 1963, so they are getting harder to find.

I've decided not to view the "acceptable urban assault weapon" threads because I don't have enough moola to start wanting everyone I see. That Texan is something else. Nice set of sexy rifleage!

I've decided not to view the "acceptable urban assault weapon" threads because I don't have enough moola to start wanting everyone I see. That Texan is something else. Nice set of sexy rifleage!

Understood. I have enough "addictions" myself. The benefit (for time being anyway) is that with some careful shopping you can own three or four of these for the cost of an AR.

Back
Top Bottom