• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Academy sports in McDonough

philwil68

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Guitar and Gun Slinger
114   0
Reaction score
Stood at the counter today for 10 mins waiting to buy a new optic (one they have behind the counter) and didn't receive so much as a nod. I realize that's it's a sale weekend... But one lady actually leaned back on the counter made eye contact with me and went back to talking to another associate who was also doing the "retail lean". I stood there for another couple mins without so much as a nod AGAIN, so I left with nothing. I have been there numerous times for sporting good purchases with great service. But I won't be back there when she is. They will still get my business as long as I don't have to deal with her.

Rant over

Call the store....ask who the store manager is by name then ask for him. Tell him exactly what happened. If he is any good at his job he will fix the problem in the store and take care of you. The last thing his DM wants to know is that one of his knucklehead associates lost a customer. Trust me.......as a Retired DM for many years in the retail industry......and the way the economy is now....no one can afford to lose one customer. All you have to lose is a little time on the phone. Good Luck

Sounds like my situation everytime I go anywhere. I'll tell you, customer service at most retail stores has gone to the birds. Everytime I go to WalMart to buy ammo, I stand back there waiting and waiting until I have to wander around and find someone to page the idiot in sporting goods.

When soviet is at Walmart, he calls the store to send someone back there lol. As far as her name, I didn't catch it but she's there all the time and is some kind of manager because she wears the black shirt instead of blue. It just irks the he'll out of me. I work retail and I would get on any one of my employees for doing the lean. Really bugs me

When soviet is at Walmart, he calls the store to send someone back there lol. As far as her name, I didn't catch it but she's there all the time and is some kind of manager because she wears the black shirt instead of blue. It just irks the he'll out of me. I work retail and I would get on any one of my employees for doing the lean. Really bugs me

You dang right I do. My time is money. Not trying to sit around wasting time. Next time just keep saying "excuse me" over and over til they help you, then literally ask them to hand you a rifle and mess with it for a second and then look at 15 other ones, then just ask to see the red dot and just buy that. Works every time.

Ilol I. Was looking at the sight mark qd reflex and maybe a 3x magnifier. Dont know if im still going with that unit though. Now Idk what to do cuz I can't shell out hundreds for a decent optic. want something more than flip ups... Who knows

Ilol I. Was looking at the sight mark qd reflex and maybe a 3x magnifier. Dont know if im still going with that unit though. Now Idk what to do cuz I can't shell out hundreds for a decent optic. want something more than flip ups... Who knows

I'd go with iron sights. Or spend a little extra money on a half decent optic. A nice optic can be had for 75-100 bucks. One that will do the job. Any less than that to me is a waste of money. Don't bother with the 3x optic. Had one, and was not impressed with it.

Back
Top Bottom