• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Academy sports in McDonough

that sucks. the only problem ive ever encountered at academy was one know-it-all know nothing.

i went in to the athens academy to pick up a pistol they had on sale. the gun counter was fairly busy with 7 or so people waiting there. it was around a month before deer season and the younger than me fellow about three spots ahead of me wanted a deer rifle. listening to him it was easy to tell he knew very little about guns in general, much less the differance between the two rifles he was looking at. he had picked out a remington bdl and a remington 770. they happened to be the only two remingtons on the shelf. i kinda got the feeling the guy wanted them simply because he knew the remington name. the genious behind the counter had him sold on the 770 and convinced it was the better of the two. and that other than the stocks and the box magazine they were exactly identical rifles. HA! i happen to own both rifles, and know well exactly what the differances are between two. which i was happy to inform the would be hunter of while the dummy behind the counter tried to say i was wrong the entire time. i told him he just needed to shut up and ask his manager for a transfer to the shoe department where he'd be more likly to know what the hell he's talking about. which got one hell of a laugh from the other customers and gun counter employees. the genious in question no longer works at academy. i did spot him somewhere else he had no place being a few months ago. i stopped in Clyde's to look for a holster i couldnt find else where and there he was. i guess he remembered me too since he turned and walked off immediatly when i walked up to the counter. yet another reason for me to stay oult of Clyde's.

that sucks. the only problem ive ever encountered at academy was one know-it-all know nothing.

i went in to the athens academy to pick up a pistol they had on sale. the gun counter was fairly busy with 7 or so people waiting there. it was around a month before deer season and the younger than me fellow about three spots ahead of me wanted a deer rifle. listening to him it was easy to tell he knew very little about guns in general, much less the differance between the two rifles he was looking at. he had picked out a remington bdl and a remington 770. they happened to be the only two remingtons on the shelf. i kinda got the feeling the guy wanted them simply because he knew the remington name. the genious behind the counter had him sold on the 770 and convinced it was the better of the two. and that other than the stocks and the box magazine they were exactly identical rifles. HA! i happen to own both rifles, and know well exactly what the differances are between two. which i was happy to inform the would be hunter of while the dummy behind the counter tried to say i was wrong the entire time. i told him he just needed to shut up and ask his manager for a transfer to the shoe department where he'd be more likly to know what the hell he's talking about. which got one hell of a laugh from the other customers and gun counter employees. the genious in question no longer works at academy. i did spot him somewhere else he had no place being a few months ago. i stopped in Clyde's to look for a holster i couldnt find else where and there he was. i guess he remembered me too since he turned and walked off immediatly when i walked up to the counter. yet another reason for me to stay oult of Clyde's.
Know it alls suck!

- - - Updated - - -

Sell a guitar, buy a trijicon reflex and be done with it. :)

Imrunning out of guitars that I want to part with lol. I better start ebayin again!

Back
Top Bottom