Accidents

I was over at a friend's house and was liqueured up. He picked his Uzi and began cycling rounds out of a stick mag. I told him he was playing with fire. Holding the muzzle directly up where his wife was running live cartridges through a open bolt gun. I told him " I will be outside behind a tree when you're done. Just pray you don't have a slam fire and shoot your wife ". Of course I didn't put it quite that kindly but he got the massage. NEW GUN OWNERS! They scare me to death.

I was is hand cycling some 30 caliber carbine to my M1.
On my third mag my wife asked me what is that noise and I said I'm testing my magazines for function in one of my rifles. She said you're going to have another accidental discharge like you did in 2003. I said no way I've got the safety on. I looked at the bottom of the ammo in every one of them had an indention in the primer. In the picture below you can see the ones that I ran through or on the bottom compared to the ones on the top and every primer that I ran through has an indention. I don't think I will be testing my magazines by hand cycling anymore. Haven't gotten out to the range do this covid. But as you can see this looks dangerous.
You can get firing pin protrusion gauges and check against the specs for your rifle....it means you'd likely have to pull your bolt assembly to check it, however... I've had that problem with mixed bolt parts (e.g., adding another firing pin to a bolt assembly).

boom.gif

2003 I had a HK 91 knock off Rifle in 308.
I had taken the mag out and was cleaning the gun. I had it on the kitchen floor and a fmj 147 gr. round was in the chamber. I didn't know that. The gun was on the floor and I hit the trigger. It hit the bottom of my refrigerator.
It did not damage the refrigerator as far as function but it look like Terminator 2 when he was hit. The bottom was melted and it went into the cabinet and completely destroyed a George Foreman grill machine went through the back of the cabinet to the laundry room through the door and splintered into the drywall. My wife was in the bathroom behind the laundry room. But there was no penetration Beyond the splintering into the drywall. The refrigerator took a lot of power and the George Foreman machine absorbs quite a bit and the cabinet had a hole through it through the second wall into the laundry and through a door that was behind the wall and then a splintering into the drywall. It scared the s*** out of me I ran and ask my wife if she was okay and she was fine. Just shook up from the noise. I really didn't hear though blast. It was a easy patch of the wall and the cabinet door was replaced..

Can we turn this into an AD/ND thread? james357 james357 I would do the safest thing, and take it to a good M1 guy. Either that or carefully, gently, safely, and with aplomb maybe take a little off the top of the ole firing pin there. Talking micrometer levels.

Back
Top Bottom