Adding someone to a trust

Amending the page or getting a lawyer to do that. If you have those programs, it can generate the proper page for you.

Word, just backspace and type in a new name.

- - - Updated - - -

Then of course you gotta get it re-notarized...maybe.

First you have to make sure that the trust states that you as the Grantor can make changes. Most of them do so this should not be an issue. Then you need to make sure the trust does not have any stipulations regarding how to make changes such as requiring you to do a full restatement of the trust if you wanted to add a new Trustee for example. This is also should not be a problem.

In most cases an amendment will work, and you just get it notarized and add it to your existing trust. I recommend you talk to Roy at www.georgianfatrust.com . He just did an amendment for me where I changed the beneficiary and one of the 3 committee members. He is very reasonable costwise, and he knows what he is doing. Also very responsive.

CAN a revokable trust be amended while transfers are in the pipeline?

Thanks!
Yes because NFA only keeps whatever last you sent them. If you decide to get a new NFA item, they will know about it when you send in your Trust (if your last NFA was approved by time you sent in new nfa form).

Just like my Trust. I bought 3-4 back to back NFA within weeks of each other. My Trust didn't list any of the other purchase but with my last purchase, it showed the first 4 items I bought 6 months ago. Trust revocable trust are like breathing thing, it can be changed ANYTIME. Its okay to amend whenever you want, NFA will know about it if you ever make another NFA purchase, if not, they will only have the last copy you sent them.

Last edited:
And this is why the NFA hates the trust route. Mark my words, within a few years, no more CLEO signature will be required, but no more trusts will be accepted. and NO that will NOT invalidate your stuff on a trust already, just no more going forward. The NFA realizes that someone could put an unapprovable person on a trust after the approval has been given.

Didn't see that. I assume they will talk more about it at SHOT show. last year was when they talked about no more CLEO and curtailing trusts. That made the most sense from their standpoint I thought.

Either way , I haven't seen an official statement about it in one direction or another.

Didn't see that. I assume they will talk more about it at SHOT show. last year was when they talked about no more CLEO and curtailing trusts. That made the most sense from their standpoint I thought.

Either way , I haven't seen an official statement about it in one direction or another.

If they do away with CLEO sign offs and Trusts, will we be able to just send one in in an individual's name, no muss, no fuss? Could we potentially see a day where we have items in a Trust and can no longer add items to it?

Back
Top Bottom