• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Easiest way to clean your baffles!

juju151

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
JuJu's Custom Shop
52   0
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has posted this before, but this is a game changer so I wanted to let you know...

You can get this grease from Amazon, and probably other places like auto parts stores. I've been using this for a while now on all of my servicable suppressors, and it's unbelievable! Just put a little on your fingers and smear it all over each of the baffles before you snap them back together and reassemble the can...smear it on thin, like you're putting Crisco on a cookie sheet. Also wipe a little on any end cap threads, pistons, etc.

This grease will stay on the baffles and doesn't burn off, so the carbon and gunk sticks to the grease instead of the baffle...and when you take the baffles out of the can, the carbon just wipes right off with a paper towel or shop rag. I just drop them in my ultrasonic cleaner and run a couple of cycles, and the baffles come out looking like brand new.

Screenshot_20230622_213838_Chrome.jpg

I run mine though an ultrasonic cleaner for an hour in straight purple power and they're 95% clean so I spray them off with brake parts cleaner and put em back together.

I will absolutely try this though!

I run mine in a sonic cleaner and then use Bore Tech carbon cleaner to get the rest off. https://www.boretech.com/image?file...Ready/BTCC-04-16-A_Web.jpg&width=800&height=0
This is what I clean my rimfire barrels with.

Run a wet mop though the barrel, let it sit for 30min while I clean the bolt, scrub chamber and barrel with nylon brush, run dry patches until they come out clean, run one patch with some 5w30 synthetic on it, run one more dry patch and voila clean as a whistle!

The dip.
Will cause cancer/lead poisoning if not handled/disposed of properly.

Regimen:
Shoot till filthy
Wipe /brush
Ultrasonic/purple power or CLR
Last resort is the Dip if needed.

When clean it gets either high temp brake grease or spray dry lubricant.

None of my cans are Aluminum or Titanium so my process may damage non Steel cans.

I run my cans dirty and probably clean every 6 months to a year.

Lead can build up inside the can.
If you weigh your can and it is way heavier than it should be you have build up of carbon/lead/copper.

After shooting subs it is a good ideal to shoot a few supersonics to blow out some crud from my experience.

To be honest, I've only cleaned one of my suppressors, one time in 2012. It was my first 22 can (Gemtech Outback-2) and I cleaned it one time after my first month of ownership. That's it. Never cleaned any of my other dozen or so suppressors, mostly because I'm lazy and feel it's not worth my time. I just gave that Outback-2 to the wife last year and she shoots it every other weekend. Never had any issues in doing so, and its still just as quiet and never had a baffle strike in any of my cans. Not sure why people even bother to clean them, let alone regularly. I keep my guns pristine, clean and lubricated, but my suppressors get 0 maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom