Advice on Ghillie suit

jloneill17

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
165   0
Reaction score
I made one by hot gluing strips of burlap to a long sleeve shirt from Goodwill. Then you take the mass of burlap and shirt to the lanudromat and use their dryers to fluff it all up. Do not do it in your home dryer.

I can post a picture later.

The only real advantage to having a suit like that is hunting on the move and to break up your outline. Basically it needs a big hood that goes from shoulder to shoulder so you don't have a "head and shoulders" silhouette anymore. And some junk hanging off at least one arm helps too.

i appreciate the advice. I've been sitting in a chair under a low hanging tree. give pretty good concealment. didn't know if the suit was worth it.

That's a great suit.
I have two of them and they're excellent.
Just have to be careful
Near briars and sometimes the leaf strips come separated near the bottom of leg areas....easily sewn back on.
This is my second season of wearing them heavily and holding up just fine.
I have the green foliage and the autumn foliage and the deer look right through you.
I want to get the rocky colored one as well.
Wear dark or Camo clothes under them as they're
Mesh and need a dark backing color.

I walked right up to a small herd of deer wearing the green foliage and they never knew I was there.
A young doe walked right up to me until mama doe winded me, gave me the wobbly head look, blew and turned inside then they all ran a little as if to say "What you freaking out about mama?"
When I moved they all darn near freaked out.

Remember you are still wearing an orange vest (maybe). Ghilles are great in bow season, I just wear the head cover in gun season, but thats all that shows out of my stand.

Remember you are still wearing an orange vest (maybe). Ghilles are great in bow season, I just wear the head cover in gun season, but thats all that shows out of my stand.
maybe,yep.Yeah I have camo covers around stands so I seldom wear camo to the stands anymore

Back
Top Bottom