• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AK-74 for $500

I am SO on the bubble on this one.

Didn't like the way Classic had the deal on a countdown meter yesterday...

Now it's just a "Spring Whatever".

They're running the deal through the end of the month or until they sell out. I've never really had a desire for a 74, but it's a good deal from the few reviews I've seen so I may pick one up.

me thinks that DDI had to have gone through them and culled out the problem ones (that Waffen Werks previously built), no way DDI would ruin their new and already good-honorable earned reputation by flooding the market with 200 of these 5,45's.

Did any of you guys see that APEX has Red, Black & Brown Circle 21 mags on sale for 20.95 and a $10-off (FACEBOOK code) for shipping? That's like $6 less than SGAmmo plus shipping discount.

Sold out when i checked

Also why get a $500 waffen when you can try to get foreign made chrome lined barrel
for just a little more. and $500 will be more after FFL fees, gas, and shipping.

sometimes you can find a converted Saiga, VEPR, or even WASR2's for just a little more.
might not have the 24mm FSB and lugs but im sure the barrel would be alot nicer

Last edited:
Sold out when i checked

Also why get a $500 waffen when you can try to get foreign made chrome lined barrel
for just a little more
. and $500 will be more after FFL fees, gas, and shipping.

sometimes you can find a converted Saiga, VEPR, or even WASR2's for just a little more.
might not have the 24mm FSB and lugs but im sure the barrel would be alot nicer

Because if DDI ensured these rifles are solid, then this is a very good deal with the 1 year warranty.

I have an older Waffen Werks and it is a great rifle. Have fired about 500-600 rounds through it without a hiccup. It will hit steel at 200 yards. Academy Sports always has ammo on the shelf for it and I can usually still find a case of surplus ammo on her for around 200 bucks. I have pulled it out of the safe several times to trade on here but I just can't let her go. So much fun to shoot.

I saw these and it was everything I could do not to order one, for $500 hell of a deal of you look at the current prices of ak type rifles now.

Now that these Waffen Werks / DDI 74's are gone, never to return, the Century M-74, which is basically the same rifle (bulgy kit with american 4140 chrome molly barrel) is available at Wideners for $549 and it has had some very good reviews, comes with 1-year warranty, sling and 2 Bulgarian 30-rd mags.

Actually i dont think century ever built a chrome lined AK-74. It even says not chrome lined in the advertisement at Widners
CAI may have imported some chrome lined factory made guns from Romania tho
SAR WASR2 ect...

If Century built a chrome AK-74 it was with a .223 barrel instead of a .221 . As far as what I have seen they were not chrome lined even the wrong barreled ones Century built

Back
Top Bottom