• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Almost Time!! Post your squirrel slayers!

Suppressed Savage FV-SR with polished bolt and custom trigger job (less than 1 pound pull)

Sighted in at 50 yards, but able to reach out WAY farther.
View attachment 1255705

The tree rats will never hear it coming!
View attachment 1255707
Did you do the polishing and tuning yourself? I'm looking at getting one of the FV-SR's and a brief tutorial would be great! I know a bunch of fellas that have these things too.

20160926_195102.jpg

Did you do the polishing and tuning yourself? I'm looking at getting one of the FV-SR's and a brief tutorial would be great! I know a bunch of fellas that have these things too.
Yes I did.

For the bolt, I just disassembled it and polished everything with a Dremel and a soft polishing wheel with Blue Magic metal polish. It took a LOOOONG time. LOL

My gun has the Accutrigger. You can buy a kit for it for $60, but I wasn't going to put a $60 kit in a $200 gun.

I just disassembled the trigger, cut 2 coils off the main trigger spring and then stretched the sear spring out a little. I circled them in pink in the pic below.

Then I polished the mating surfaces circled in green to a mirror shine.

You get a CRAZY light trigger pull, but you DO lose adjustability, but I didn't care because I want it light all the time. LOL

NOTE: I stole this pic online. It says to cut 1 3/4 coils, but I cut 2 when I did mine.

IMG_0676.JPG

Yes I did.

For the bolt, I just disassembled it and polished everything with a Dremel and a soft polishing wheel with Blue Magic metal polish. It took a LOOOONG time. LOL

My gun has the Accutrigger. You can buy a kit for it for $60, but I wasn't going to put a $60 kit in a $200 gun.

I just disassembled the trigger, cut 2 coils off the main trigger spring and then stretched the sear spring out a little. I circled them in pink in the pic below.

Then I polished the mating surfaces circled in green to a mirror shine.

You get a CRAZY light trigger pull, but you DO lose adjustability, but I didn't care because I want it light all the time. LOL

NOTE: I stole this pic online. It says to cut 1 3/4 coils, but I cut 2 when I did mine.

View attachment 1255755
Awesome! Thanks for the write up, I'll definitely be doing this.

Awesome! Thanks for the write up, I'll definitely be doing this.
No problem brother. I know it's a pretty brief explanation, but I promise it's really easy to do and the end result is amazing.

Even if you mess it up, worst case, you'll have to buy a new trigger spring, which shouldn't cost more than a few bucks.

Feel free to PM me if you need anymore info when you do yours.

Back
Top Bottom