• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Alright... Its almost time to start swattin bugs!! I mean kill deer..

jjasonbbo1

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
1   0
Reaction score
I wanna hear every bodies home brews for keepin the skeeters away in the tree stand...
I know that the precious thermacell is golden but some of us poor folk are on a tight budget...
I know this one sounds nuts but I have done it a couple times now with success but a friend of mine was in the army and was in seattle for a while for training and they made them eat 3 to 4 match heads a day to keep the bugs off... So I started trying it for hunting.. I swallow 3 the night before and 3 walkin out the door.. I will have skeetoes land on me and fly off... its pretty cool... They wont bite me.. I will be deer hunting in a swamp though next week so we will see what the sulfer pills do for me then...

At 20 bucks, the thermacell will pay for itself in no time... I would cut back on something else just to save the cash to buy one.It dont get any better.

I genearally wear an OD Green skeeter net on my head and Im covered the rest of the way with turkey huntin gear at the first part of the season ........... after that they dont bother me much anyway ;)

course I dont bow hunt so the 1st month aint no problem with the varmints ...

I have been told that drinking 2 oz of vinegar a day keeps them away. I have not tested this myself
so I do not know if it works or not. I've been told pickle juice, apple cider vinegar, anything
that contains vinegar.

I'll stick with the thermacell myself.

I have been told that drinking 2 oz of vinegar a day keeps them away. I have not tested this myself
so I do not know if it works or not. I've been told pickle juice, apple cider vinegar, anything
that contains vinegar.

I'll stick with the thermacell myself.

Umm... I heard the same thing when I was a kid, but it was for passing a urine test.

Vinegar does seem to work. It's an old timers remedy for lots of different things. I take about 2 oz. of apple cider vinegar every night and it seems to help. My family and I can stand on the porch and they will get eat up, I will hardly be bothered at all.

A Thermacell is money well spent. The butane cartridges are what will cost you, but you can refill them and save a lot of money.

Vinegar does seem to work. It's an old timers remedy for lots of different things. I take about 2 oz. of apple cider vinegar every night and it seems to help. My family and I can stand on the porch and they will get eat up, I will hardly be bothered at all.

A Thermacell is money well spent. The butane cartridges are what will cost you, but you can refill them and save a lot of money.

Ewww..I did the apple vinegar during turkey season and bought lost my lunch... Reminded me of the one time I tasted white lighting...

The whole refill thing is what I was worried with the thermacell with the butane cartridges... From what i understand one is only good for 10 hrs?? Thats only 2 trips for me... I hunt 3 days a week during bow season... that would add up pretty quick...

It's got a bit of a bite to it, you gotta toss it down quick!!!!

About 10-12 hours is what I get out of a cartridge, but fefilling them I've been using the same three cartridges for a year and a half.

Back
Top Bottom