• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Always be ready for life to "kick you in the balls"!

inkdaddy

Coast Guard Icon Supporter
Graduate, ODT class of 2010!!
165   0
Reaction score
Well......
Things have been pretty good lately, 61 years old....excellent health, awesome wife of 41 years, great kids, awesome after retirement job.........and then my daughter, who just had her first baby 3 month's ago, my 8th grandchild and 3rd grandson, let my wife and I know this weekend that it has been officially confirmed of her upcoming deployment to Kabul Afghanistan in January!! She will be going with the 18th Airborne Corp.....Blue Dragons. Yep......I always knew this was going to happen again.....she is career army and being with the 82nd Airborne and 18th Airborne Corp....it's what they do. My wife is actually handling this better than I am. I survived 14 months of little sleep and lots of grey/white hair with her first deployment.......now i get to do it again!!...It's tough when it is your only daughter!!....I just worry about her. She is as tough as they come.......but being a new Mom, and away for 12 months......it's going to be a rough one for her too. Hopefully her son will be to young to remember. Thank God for her husband who is getting ready to retire.....he will be home and caring for the baby.

Well......will keep you posted as the departure time gets closer.........!!

Prayers sent for a safe return. Sounds like you did a good job raising your kids. Tell her we all say thanks for her service and if she needs anything while deployed we'll do what we can.

Definitely tough when love ones are deployed. I hope your little girl makes it home in the same condition she left in. Unfortunately my nephew didn't and his mother and siblings will never be the same. but hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom