Am I the a**hole...

A13usaonutL._CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7C81QdDojYO0L.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_AC_UX679_.png

My buddy ought this for me
You hide it well my friend 😁😁

It’s worse when they show up every day, and are just incompetent and/or lazy and you’re expected to do their work as well as yours, while they make the same pay.
Then if you complain, you’re stuck with the bad attitude, not a team player tag.

I wish I had taken more time off and taken more care of myself and my family instead of giving much of a crap about a corporation who didn’t give a crap about me. I was someone who took pride in never using sick days, personal days and all that. In retrospect it didn’t benefit me. I think about the people who you are referring to and how I felt the same way, but now I wish I had taken as much time off as I possibly could have and guarded my mind, body and cherished more time with my wife and baby because I can’t get the time back. As mentioned, if it’s earned then no one should have any issues with someone using it. So use your time off.

Guess I was lucky. Being a teacher once upon a time, figured I got more time off than
most folks so while kids were in my classroom I was there. Well, sick leave and even
some annual leave counted toward early retirement. Some unused annual ended up
in my wallet.

I wish I had taken more time off and taken more care of myself and my family instead of giving much of a crap about a corporation who didn’t give a crap about me. I was someone who took pride in never using sick days, personal days and all that. In retrospect it didn’t benefit me. I think about the people who you are referring to and how I felt the same way, but now I wish I had taken as much time off as I possibly could have and guarded my mind, body and cherished more time with my wife and baby because I can’t get the time back. As mentioned, if it’s earned then no one should have any issues with someone using it. So use your time off.
^^ THIS ^^ It took me til my 50's to realize this, so now I take every single minute that's due me. I still give "them" 100% effort for what "they" pay me, but my life and health is more important than the pay check.

^^ THIS ^^ It took me til my 50's to realize this, so now I take every single minute that's due me. I still give "them" 100% effort for what "they" pay me, but my life and health is more important than the pay check.
I've always thought this way. I do a good job, but for me a job is just an end to a means. Work to live, not live to work.

I fortunately learned this early in my career. When I put in for time off it’s not a request, I’m just letting you know I won’t be available. I am also very lucky with my current position. My boss lets me do what I want when I want as long as my tasks are done. We have very similar personalities and views on work-life environments. As a matter of fact I’m meeting someone from the forum right now to sell some ammo between conference calls.

Back
Top Bottom