• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

America Unearthed - New Show on H2

I saw it, but I don't buy that episode outright.

Some of the Mayans could have made it here, but I would doubt that they had any kind of intact trade route back and forth between central american and ga/florida. More likely, there were some cultural influences which integrated into the tribes and found there way here.

I just don't see how the Mayans could have gotten tons of minerals back and forth so many times without getting their asses completely kicked. There were tons of native americans all over the south at that time-and to say they were a little territorial would be an extreme understatement. I don't see how Mayans could have just set up a trade route that large without pissing off enough indians to kill them.

(Keep in mind that the "peaceful" native american tribes were not at all "peaceful" by any standard we would recognize. They killed hell out of each other for many millenia before the first white man ever set foot on the continent.)

-The show reminded me of "decoded." Metzler is definitely more about drama than fact. I have a strong suspicion that this guy is too...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom