• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

American Classic II 1911

pc153083

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
34   3
Reaction score
I am looking at picking one up. Do any of you 1911 guys own one? And if you do, what is your take on it? I know it is an import and is fairly cheap (right around) $480 with tax. And no, I don't have $1000 to go spend on a Kimber, Dan Wesson, or Wilson Combat 1911 even though I wouldn't mind having one. I would really appreciate you guys' opinions on this one.

For the money they are great shooters. I picked one up used and shot the mess out of it. I had the trade bug and sold it. I still regret letting it go. The gun shot flawless, the bluing was beautiful but some of the smaller parts showed a less refined finish as they were cast parts. All in all a very good entry 1911.

Had a commander. Excellent gun. as Uncle Si said, the finish was really nice, best you will find on an entry level 1911. The parts fit was also very good. I like Rock Islands, but personally feel the American Classics are one small notch above with fit and finish, and included features.

I've had two, still have one of them now. They're great shooters period. Yea, I have Dan Wesson's and other much more expensive 1911's. No, the Metro ain't a top drawer 1911, but the two I've had compare well with pistol at 3 times their cost at the range.

Regardless of cost, I like any reliable accurate firearm. I like the Metro Arms 1911's. I did a review of the first one I had a couple of years ago.
The one I have now is a satin chrome finish. It looks very close to stainless. It has ate and delivered with all it's fed without issue.

Back
Top Bottom