• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

American Made Mosin - Nagants ....

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
So what are your opinions of them?

I am in a American phase of collecting and happen to own a decent amount of x54r ammo.

So it sort of makes sense to go that route.

It seems like they would BE EASY to obtain and shoot.

Would be a lot less than a 1903 or 1917.

I like the Remington's and N.E.W. but am not sure how they shoot side by side? Anyone own either?

What did you like/dislike?
How accurate?
Quality?
Bores?
Triggers?

Here is a HUGE tangent....

If FINNED - What did you really notice?

10th....

images

They are the longer m91 versions and shoot the same as the others. You may find one thats shot out and then another thats more pristine and accurate. I like the wood on the american stocks better. No problem with being 'finned' if you dont care about matching numbers or that sometimes that nice american stock gets replaced with a finger-joint finn version.

There is something very cool about shooting an american mosin. Or the winchester 1895.

They are the longer m91 versions and shoot the same as the others. You may find one thats shot out and then another thats more pristine and accurate. I like the wood on the american stocks better. No problem with being 'finned' if you dont care about matching numbers or that sometimes that nice american stock gets replaced with a finger-joint finn version.

There is something very cool about shooting an american mosin. Or the winchester 1895.
I didn't think about them being M91's . Did the finns or anyone else shorten and/or re-sight or re-barrel?

try to find a bannerman mosin in 30-06

bannerman company bought them from the united states government and made them into 30-06

i know a guy with a finnish m39 that uses a remington receiver but i doubt he'll sell

Back
Top Bottom