Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. 10 Year Anniversary Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 16 - Click here for tickets and click here for info!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  3. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

Ammo cans $3. Harbor Freight

Thread in 'Steals & Deals' started by GAgunLAWbooklet, Feb 9, 2020.

1. GAgunLAWbooklet

GAgunLAWbooklet The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter

35   0

Rating
    100%
    upload_2020-2-9_9-12-43.jpeg

Harbor Freight has a "coupon" for $3 plastic ammo cans. Normally $6 for this "Bunker Hill" brand, and normally the name brand, Rangemaxx, is ten bucks.

The coupon is good through Feb. 29th (it's a leap year). Limit of 5 cans per coupon, per person.

I think Harbor Freight gives out the coupons in the store, right at the entrance. But I got mine in a full-page ad in some gun magazine. G&A, I think, or maybe it was the NRA's magazine.

Joshua223 and Chatsworth like this.
  2. mo mauser

mo mauser ODT Junkie!

46   0

Rating
    100%
    I picked some up the last time I came across this deal. Thanks

3. Medic1957

Medic1957 ODT Junkie! Supporter

Supporter

83   0

Rating
    100%
    I have a few of these. Good to go as long as you don't try to overload them.

4. Joshua223

Joshua223 ODT Junkie!

50   0

Rating
    100%
    Cheap enough. May have pick up one or two. Thanks

5. Inatree

Inatree Tracker

4   0

Rating
    100%
    They are good boxes and worth $3 but be warned that they are not air and water tight. Not even close.
    Not a good option for seal and forget long term storage

6. BIKER13

BIKER13 Redneck Expert Supporter

Special Hen Supporter

863   0

Rating
    100%
    CHECK THE PLASTIC HINGES IN THE STORE BEFORE YOU LEAVE

lostchild and ReallyCoolDude like this.
  7. GAgunLAWbooklet

GAgunLAWbooklet The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter

35   0

Rating
    100%
    I bought 5 this morning.
    The hinges that hold the carry handle to the lid are plastic, and only look about 5 mm thick. That makes me doubt their strength and ability to handle heavy loads and sudden movements.
    But, for three bucks I won't cry if one breaks.
    As long as it doesn't dump 400 rounds of .45 ammo on the ground, to have it roll down a hill and into the creek, when it breaks !

8. deathbeforehonor

deathbeforehonor Hunter Supporter

Supporter

15   0

Rating
    100%
    I wanted to chime in on something I've learned from a nice gal that works at the one near me. There's a website Harbor Freight Coupon Database

It lists all current and Future coupons. You can search for individual items or just find percentages off. The 99₵ & below section is cool as well as FREE! She told me that as long as the coupon is valid at the time of purchase IT IS their policy to accept them straight from your phone! But I will throw a few of the pictures in a word file and print it off kinda like a shopping list.. much easier at check out. I really do like their 30% off multiple items under $10, I usually pick up a few Consumables and little nick knacks..

I actually use one of there drills for a brass tumbler, a bench top drill for a trimmer, and of course the mini cut-off saw for brass conversion and other things :) You can't argue with the quality for the price and if you go into buying any of their stuff knowing that you are getting Chinese craftsmanship & materials you won't be let down. I'm on my 4th drill @ 60hrs. One of them actually only lasted 12hrs! 2yr+90day protection plan for $11.
    Tumbler01.jpg

Also I would recommend these for transporting range goodies/ammo as well. I can fit 4 pistols in Allen soft cases in one..
    TTB.png
    They have a 30% 9 items under $10 running 2/28-3/1 so these will be $6.75 after tax..

9. aloo1

aloo1 ODT Junkie!

78   0

Rating
    100%
    to piggy back in this idea, I usually just go to the coupon site in my phone and then scream shot them so paycheck out I just swipe to the next coupon in my gallery. Pretty easy