• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

an update (sorta) on 41P.

Thinks for the update. I was thinking about this the other day. I hope to have what I want but their time frame. As was mentioned in another thread suppressor sales are up 40% and that can't go unnoticed by the people that want to make these changes.

Sad to see 1000 comments were disqualified.

The below line reads almost like they are expecting it to be implemented. From other stories I have read it is so full of holes as proposed so it will almost certainly be challenged legally if it is indeed implemented.

"After the final ruling is issued, there are generally 60 days before implementation. Until the ruling is released, we will not know if forms that are already in the transfer process will be exempt from the proposed requirements. However, if history is an example, it is likely that all forms received by the ATF prior to the implementation of the final regulation will be exempt."

The below line reads almost like they are expecting it to be implemented. From other stories I have read it is so full of holes as proposed so it will almost certainly be challenged legally if it is indeed implemented.

"After the final ruling is issued, there are generally 60 days before implementation. Until the ruling is released, we will not know if forms that are already in the transfer process will be exempt from the proposed requirements. However, if history is an example, it is likely that all forms received by the ATF prior to the implementation of the final regulation will be exempt."

I think they are just giving a worst case scenario.

Thinks for the update. I was thinking about this the other day. I hope to have what I want but their time frame. As was mentioned in another thread suppressor sales are up 40% and that can't go unnoticed by the people that want to make these changes.

Sad to see 1000 comments were disqualified.
one of the most interesting parts was the part that said they would have to respond to each comment.

one of the most interesting parts was the part that said they would have to respond to each comment.

Yea I didn't know that. I thought they just read them and maybe made a collective response to all of the comments but the work around to that is a form letter with each individual's name or info on it in "response" to their comment.

That's not entirely correct. They will have to address comments and modify the reg if the comments are justified. Comments will be grouped according to subject matter and content, greatly reducing the burden of addressing them. Typically, comments are loosely addressed in the preamble to the reg. Might take more than a year, however!

Back
Top Bottom