Ankle Carry Advice Please

I pick up crackheads, violent signal 16's, sit in parking lots in the worst areas in Macon . Have deal with violent family and bystanders at times. Out units have been shot at . Sometimes we find ourselves inside homes and what starts off as a seemingly benign situation turns ugly fast and we often have no LE backup . On of our crews were stopped at a light when someone ran up to the truck saying someone needed help at the gas station. They pulled in to find someone had been shot. Not a safe scene. The gunman returned, walked past or crew and shot two more people. He could have easily turned the gun on the crew . Again. This happened before LE backup arrived. Our policy is to stage till SO clears the scene before we enter. We often do not have that luxury. 911 callers advise dispatch on on thing turning out to be something else. Happens all the time.

I pick up crackheads, violent signal 16's, sit in parking lots in the worst areas in Macon . Have deal with violent family and bystanders at times. Out units have been shot at . Sometimes we find ourselves inside homes and what starts off as a seemingly benign situation turns ugly fast and we often have no LE backup . On of our crews were stopped at a light when someone ran up to the truck saying someone needed help at the gas station. They pulled in to find someone had been shot. Not a safe scene. The gunman returned, walked past or crew and shot two more people. He could have easily turned the gun on the crew . Again. This happened before LE backup arrived. Our policy is to stage till SO clears the scene before we enter. We often do not have that luxury. 911 callers advise dispatch on on thing turning out to be something else. Happens all the time.

What kind of work do you do?

I'm a paramedic
I figured from your post above, thank you for service. You guys/gals are out in the deepest **** I know of stateside. I'm an RN and I don't envy your job (well maybe a little because of the excitement, but I bet it gets old fast). I'd throw a IIIa ballistic panel in a backpack or bag that you carry with you in addition to the ankle carry, assuming you don't do some kind of lowpro soft armor already. I've run into several EMS folks in gun stores who told me about working in ATL and getting robbed at gun point weekly for money and drugs, called out to fake calls and getting jumped, etc...stay safe out there.

I figured from your post above, thank you for service. You guys/gals are out in the deepest **** I know of stateside. I'm an RN and I don't envy your job (well maybe a little because of the excitement, but I bet it gets old fast). I'd throw a IIIa ballistic panel in a backpack or bag that you carry with you in addition to the ankle carry, assuming you don't do some kind of lowpro soft armor already. I've run into several EMS folks in gun stores who told me about working in ATL and getting robbed at gun point weekly for money and drugs, called out to fake calls and getting jumped, etc...stay safe out there.
Thank you. The area of Macon I work in as absolute ####hole. A shooting or more a day

I did buy the DB9 and the Cop Band from Galco. Put 100 rounds of WWB through it and 2 mags of Critical Defense. Functioned flawlessly. Happy with the purchase. It's just a tad bigger than my P3AT. Smaller and lighter than a G43 and G42 .Perfect for what I need. Thanks for all the input .

Back
Top Bottom