• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Annoying, blaming people...

saylorsr07

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
15   1
Reaction score
I have sympathy for those who have had someone shot in their family via accident or some delusional person going on a spree. However, I do not think it is right for everyone, mostly politicians, to rally these families up and encourage them to blame their anger and hatred onto the guns themselves! It is ridiculous the show that these families and politicians are putting on, and then at the end they just tack on "and thats why these weapons must be taken off our streets"...I am sorry but I just do not buy that correlation. Thoughts?

It's called Community Organizing and the foolish are buying it. All of it.

A great man once said:
"Never underestimate the power of a lot of really stupid people" (Neal Boortz)

Those with agendas dont care one bit about the victims. Not even slightly. They only care about pushing their agenda. They do however recognize the power of emotion, and over emotional knee jerk reactions. So they manipulate the scene to include such...using the victims...just to push the agenda along.

The primary reason we often end up with stupid laws, unconstitutional laws, and the like is the inability for people to function by LOGIC and REASON instead of emotion. If a person is charged with a crime against another we dont allow the victims relatives to sit on the jury. The reason being that emotion would overcome logic and any evidence. We dont follow the same rule in politics and policy making however.

Those with agendas dont care one bit about the victims. Not even slightly. They only care about pushing their agenda. They do however recognize the power of emotion, and over emotional knee jerk reactions. So they manipulate the scene to include such...using the victims...just to push the agenda along.

The primary reason we often end up with stupid laws, unconstitutional laws, and the like is the inability for people to function by LOGIC and REASON instead of emotion. If a person is charged with a crime against another we dont allow the victims relatives to sit on the jury. The reason being that emotion would overcome logic and any evidence. We dont follow the same rule in politics and policy making however.
Hit it on the head!

The closest & Best friend I have ever had was shot & killed by a dope fiend over $10 while walking home carrying his 4 year old son in his arms. The bastard fired 3 rounds from a what Politicians are labeling "Assault Weapons". As mad, angry & hurt as I was, not one minute did I blame the gun. Not at the second I heard nor since. I blame the person that pulled the trigger! Not only did he kill my Best Friend that was more like a Brother to me, he also could have killed his son as well as any number of others since it happened in front of an apartment complex. One round struck the side of the Apt. building, entered a residence, hit the wall across from the entry about an inch above where someone was sitting just a moment sooner. Another stray round did about the same in another unit and went through 2 walls with people inside. And of course the other struck my Friend mid torso. Damn.....relived it for a moment, can't describe the rest but the damage ended his life.
But the kicker here is the D.A. went for the Death penalty & I would've gladly carried it out for the state, but his defense scumbag atty. played on his mental disability from extensive drug use, poor childhood, etc. So at the end of the day this guy that was 28 at the time ended up with a total of 16-18 years. And on the charge of First degree murder he got 6 years, the bulk of his sentence came from the shots that went stray into the apartment units. Think the charge was something like reckless conduct I can't really recall exactly how they put it. So he'll be out within the next 13 years max.
My point here is we have laws on the books, maybe they should just enforce those in a more reasonable manner & stop all this other crap. Plus the guy was already a convicted felon & not allowed to legally own one anyways. So at the end of the day just like "Crazy Joe" Biden even said, it won't make much of a difference in crime or crime rates. The only people these new agendas hurt and punish legal citizens. Criminals will be criminals no matter what and this Bill will not effect them or their acts of terror in any way, except make it easier since law abiding citizens will not be able to effectively protect their family, home, or themselves. Sorry for the length.

I'm Done

The closest & Best friend I have ever had was shot & killed by a dope fiend over $10 while walking home carrying his 4 year old son in his arms. The bastard fired 3 rounds from a what Politicians are labeling "Assault Weapons". As mad, angry & hurt as I was, not one minute did I blame the gun. Not at the second I heard nor since. I blame the person that pulled the trigger! Not only did he kill my Best Friend that was more like a Brother to me, he also could have killed his son as well as any number of others since it happened in front of an apartment complex. One round struck the side of the Apt. building, entered a residence, hit the wall across from the entry about an inch above where someone was sitting just a moment sooner. Another stray round did about the same in another unit and went through 2 walls with people inside. And of course the other struck my Friend mid torso. Damn.....relived it for a moment, can't describe the rest but the damage ended his life.
But the kicker here is the D.A. went for the Death penalty & I would've gladly carried it out for the state, but his defense scumbag atty. played on his mental disability from extensive drug use, poor childhood, etc. So at the end of the day this guy that was 28 at the time ended up with a total of 16-18 years. And on the charge of First degree murder he got 6 years, the bulk of his sentence came from the shots that went stray into the apartment units. Think the charge was something like reckless conduct I can't really recall exactly how they put it. So he'll be out within the next 13 years max.
My point here is we have laws on the books, maybe they should just enforce those in a more reasonable manner & stop all this other crap. Plus the guy was already a convicted felon & not allowed to legally own one anyways. So at the end of the day just like "Crazy Joe" Biden even said, it won't make much of a difference in crime or crime rates. The only people these new agendas hurt and punish legal citizens. Criminals will be criminals no matter what and this Bill will not effect them or their acts of terror in any way, except make it easier since law abiding citizens will not be able to effectively protect their family, home, or themselves. Sorry for the length.

I'm Done

That sucks man and I'm truly sorry for your loss. It's funny how those people with the anti-gun agenda seem to fail to realize that about 80% of gun violence is committed by people with prior criminal records.

Why don't we actually get scum bags off the street once they're convicted of a crime instead of letting them out in a few years. That would work a million times better than any gun law

I have sympathy for those who have had someone shot in their family via accident or some delusional person going on a spree. However, I do not think it is right for everyone, mostly politicians, to rally these families up and encourage them to blame their anger and hatred onto the guns themselves! It is ridiculous the show that these families and politicians are putting on, and then at the end they just tack on "and thats why these weapons must be taken off our streets"...I am sorry but I just do not buy that correlation. Thoughts?
Called politics, which then extends to vote buying...........dem's play this ole so well........but look at who their selling it too......

Back
Top Bottom