Annual "A Christmas Story" marathon

flintlox

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
25   0
Reaction score
Well, the annual 24 hours of "you'll shoot your eye out" madness is almost done on TBS. I noticed this year that Starz was running a 24 hour "Elf" marathon. Does anyone really watch over and over? Or is it just an excuse for those networks to do no real programming one day a year? Oh.....fudge.

A Christmas Story is tradition at our house. It's usually background noise for us during present opening Christmas morning. Used to loop while "Santa" was delivering and putting together gifts for our girls. Little trivia for you... The guy that plays Ralphie has an uncredited role in Elf (which we enjoy too). He plays the elf supervisor in an early scene that asks Buddy how many etch-a-sketches he has put together. My favorite scene is when Ralphie gets his little orphan Annie decoder ring... cracks me up EVERY TIME!

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, I saw the 2012 sequel for the first time this year, and it was horrible. They tried too hard to make it like the original, and it fell flat. Every bit of camp that made the original memorable was overdone in the sequel. Sometimes they just need to leave well enough alone. Actually, most of the time that's true.

Back
Top Bottom