• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Another FN 49 for the collection Argentine 7.62

MILSURP Collector

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Airborne Ranger
291   0
Reaction score
So my Luxembourg FN49 was getting lonely so I snagged a friend.

Description below:
Argentine FN49 (1).jpg
Argentine FN49 (2).jpg
Argentine FN49 (3).jpg
Argentine FN49 (4).jpg

Fabrique National Herstal Belgium Model 1949 self loading rifle. This SAFN made for Argentina was originally chambered for the 7.65mm Mauser ammunition. In the 1960s they were re-barreled to 7.62 Nato for the Argentine Navy- ARA, and modified for a detachable magazine. SN: 0407. Matching numbers on receiver, bolt, bolt carrier and top cover. Small CAI import mark on barrel. Used. Good condition. Worn finish. Some old black paint finish in protected areas. Some rust spotting and staining on the barrel. No pitting. Surface only. The bore is very good. Shiny, with sharp rifling. Walnut stock and hand guards have no major damage. Typical handling marks from years of service use. Some light rust on the butt plate. Includes one 20 round detachable magazine

lovely rifle, not nearly as nice shape as the one I had in 7x57 but still should be a lot of fun. in my opinion this was the last quality semi-auto military rifle made..... walnut stock and all machined steel. first time I shot one it was a bit freaky and took me awhile to adjust to it...... just as the rifle starts to recoil that BIG heavy bolt slams home and shoves the gun forward..... cancels out nearly all the recoil. by the end of a fast magazine you feel like you need to take a step forward to keep up with the gun. I shouldn't tell you this ... but what the heck, if you loosen the trigger guard screws a little it turns the gun onto full auto. each rifle varies a little but turn them back between 1/2 to 1 turns and then enjoy..... you get the right setting by trial and error but once you find the right amount it's very reliable. not that long ago Numrich arms had spare magazines. good luck finding a bayonet very hard to come by also rather pricey too. took me over two years to find one. I very much enjoyed mine for a number of years til a good friend liked it more than me....... replaced it with a HK91 which feels like a piece of s... after having owned quality.

Back
Top Bottom