• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Another stock rescued from an early trip to the scrap heap

CostaRicaBound

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
Here's another broken stock I managed to give a new life to. It's a Weatherby, walnut stock. When I picked this one up, it was broken in half, and not a clean break at all. In fact, there was a huge amount of missing wood. After some time in the clamps, some walnut epoxy and creative coloring, I think I've got this one looking good enough. Not my best repair, but this one was a challenge due to the nature of the break.

I didn't get before pics, but the first ones are of it after it came out of the clamps, and with first application of epoxy in the break. You can get an idea of how badly this one snapped.

NCM_0016.jpgNCM_0014.jpgNCM_0022.jpgNCM_0019.jpg

Wow, That is fantastic. I know this because the stock came from me for a customer. He will be super satisfied. Really am surprised you could do such a great job. The stock was badly/roughly broken and duct taped back together. There were voids and pieces missing. Excellent work man. :thumb:

Wow, That is fantastic. I know this because the stock came from me for a customer. He will be super satisfied. Really am surprised you could do such a great job. The stock was badly/roughly broken and duct taped back together. There were voids and pieces missing. Excellent work man. :thumb:

Thanks Bryan!

Not to mention, the stock is from a really beautiful piece of walnut, and the grain is mesmerizing (wood nerd here). It was full of scratches, dings, scrapes, gouges, etc. So I went ahead and sanded the whole thing down and refinished the whole stock back to original (or as close to it as I could). Hope the owner likes it.

Back
Top Bottom