• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Antler growth during the "off season"

We use Purina antler max,plant soybeans in summer,it gets very expensive,I think most think it’s a miracle it’s not,but it will help improve the overall health of your herd.the more healthy your does are the better the fawn recruitment.if your bucks genetics provide 130 inch deer I think with a good protein and supplement program you can get another 10 added inches with a occasional 150.

I have used record rack paired with high calcium/high magnesium minerals designed for dairy cattle. Had one deer gain about 4 inches of mass from one year to the next. Could be coincidental but who knows

Thanks for all the replies yall, the deer on our property and the surrounding areas at peak maturity I would say hit around the 130 area, granted I'm not judge on scoring them. I'm not sure about all the properties near us but both properties that surround ours are residences with the land I know both dont feed anything. One is a grass fed cattle farm and the other is an older family that just feeds corn. I'm hoping to just atleast increase mass and maybe tine length. In 2018 I shot a 7 pointer that was around 4 years old, big deer, large rack but a brow tine that was barely adorable length and very narrow. Looking for something that will really help those Dominant Genes pop out. I'm thinking I'm gonna go with the purina and or the buck muscle.

Back
Top Bottom