• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any body Deer Hunt with a 6.5x55mm

I used to have one. Exceptional deer cartridge.

I just shoot Winchester White Box Super X 140 gr. There's no point in trying to hot rod it. You can only kill a deer so dead.

Wish I still had one.

Also, you can enjoy sitting around and listen to .260 Remington owners scientifically explain why it is such a superior round.

Great cartridge I have 4 rifles that caliber! I like the federal power-shok 140 gr factory load. You can load 140 grain Sierra sbtgame king bullet with 36.5 grains Imr-4895 with federal 210 large rifle primer makes a great round.

I shot a 6.5 Carcano, but didn't hunt with it.
It's a similar carrridge with factory commercial or military ammo.
I did buy a box of Norma soft point hunting ammo for the Carcano, just in case I decided to use it on deer.

For the 6.5 Swedish Mauser, I'd say 140 grain soft points with an initial MV of about 2700 f.p.s. are what I'd want for deer, out to 300 yards or whatever distance I could keep my accuracy enough to be sure to hit the vitals.

European-made ammo in this caliber seems to be hotter, about 100 f.p.s. faster velocity, than American ammo. I'd look at Norma, Sako, Sellior & Belloit, Etc.
Maybe try Privi Partizan and see if it groups in your rifle.

You hating on my .260????! Haha I have a 6.5x55 but I don't hunt with it. I do hunting with my .260 and I have been using 129gr SST. This year I am going to be trying the 143gr ELD-x.
I used to have one. Exceptional deer cartridge.

I just shoot Winchester White Box Super X 140 gr. There's no point in trying to hot rod it. You can only kill a deer so dead.

Wish I still had one.

Also, you can enjoy sitting around and listen to .260 Remington owners scientifically explain why it is such a superior round.

Back
Top Bottom