• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any experience with General Grabbers? (tires)

Cadcom

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
506   0
Reaction score
It's time to re-shoe my iron hoss. I have a 2wd GMC Yukon XL with 275/55/20 tires on it currently. Starting to tire shop and came upon a decent deal for General Grabbers. I have never used General tires. Anyone have experience with them or factual input?

Put a new set General Grabber AT2s on my Silverado 1500, had a belt break in the sidewall(no curb rash) and a blowout going down a gravel road. Set of tires had less than 5000 miles. Scrapped them and put on Firestone Transforce, never had a single issue, 40000 miles and counting.

grabbers on my pickup. no complaints at all, they have better wet traction than my Michelins and coopers did. wearing fine too and quiet.

I had General Grabber AT2's on my wife's 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited. She put 50,000 + miles on them. No problems no complaints.

Edited to add: I say "had" because she no longer owns that jeep. Sold it with the Generals still on it.

I put them on my truck two weeks ago because a belt let go in a dunlop. So far so good. Most aggressive tread pattern of any AT tire I used. Real good traction but as expected noisier. Overall the jury is still out. Oh, fyi tire guy said there is a rebate in September.

Put a new set General Grabber AT2s on my Silverado 1500, had a belt break in the sidewall(no curb rash) and a blowout going down a gravel road. Set of tires had less than 5000 miles. Scrapped them and put on Firestone Transforce, never had a single issue, 40000 miles and counting.
x2,great tires for the money!

Back
Top Bottom