Any good 1911 gunsmiths around the Gwinnett area?

Fit my new barrel as well as have it flush cut and crowned, eliminate some of the creep in the trigger, have it dehorned and possibly bobtail the frame.

Not sure how much you're looking to spend. When I had my Gov strap and sights cut I sent it out toDave Erickson. However I had to pay for shipping and what not. Locally I know of a couple places that would do it. But they also left a bad taste in my mouth after talking to them over the phone. I've seen some great work out of them, just not a fan of how they treated me so I paid more to go elsewhere.

If you were not in a hurry a buddy and I could knock all of that out for you. However, right now I'm having a hard time working on mine! Need more hours in the day. If you do go with the bobtail have you thought about how you want it refinished? I like to Cerakote over a parkerized finish on mine.

I'm not really in a hurry to get it done, I am working on another project right now. I just wanted to talk to a few gunsmiths and check out their work. I haven't decided how I want it refinished.

Back
Top Bottom