Any interest?

swampbuck62

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
10   0
Reaction score
As soon as season ends or as soon as I can I am going to lease 100 to 200 ac for "BOW HUNTING" only..

if 100 or less I can swing it myself , If over 100 ac will need one or two other folks..

Any interest just let me know and I will pm you as soon as I start looking..

Going to try and stay 1 to 1.5 hours from Roswell.. I found quite a few tracts this year just didn't want to lease because of a couple out of state hunts..

Interested depending on where you go. Wma's suck. I hunt the corps land which is bow only too. Talked too another guy who's got 1000acres in euharly I'd compare the 2 when i see what your prices are.

yep WMAs suck I hunt McGraw ford a lot and have killed a deer up there, I also get a Allatoona corps permit every year but have yet to kill a deer on the corps property even though I have seen many..

I used to hunt HIGH $ trophy leases only but that gets pricey over the years [$1500 to $2000 a year]and no guarantees, so I started going on paid out of state hunts to KY..

As far as the drive I want to keep it at an hour or less I have had enough of the 3 hour drives to the lease.. Probably a west or north of ATL.. The hunting south and east is good but you have to deal with ATL to get there..

And price I don't now yet the going rate is $20 to $25 an acre in most of GA unless you get a real big tract and you might find it for $15 but doubtful..

Supply and demand my friend .

so say 100ac x$20 split two ways will be $1000 each but if I can locate private land it could be much cheaper..

Last edited:
I'd be interested in this also. I'm a bow hunter and also very in to studying and growing big deer using QDMA tactics. I'm hoping to get my first QDMA certification in 2014.

when I locate a tract I will post most leases are good till turkey season ends..

I will find a piece and post info and this will be a no exceptions bow hunting only property..

Also if anyone wants to go look at land with my I will post before I go look.

I got a doe on the corps land the sunday before last the freezer has been empty for awhile now.

Yea if its north of 285 I'm good drive from canton to sandy springs daily so I hate Atlanta traffic.

But to clearify the bow only thing I hunt with a crossbow a lot of people have hate towards us using a crossbow. Its not cause its easy which its not. Its due to a shoulder injury. Not listed as handycapped and don't care ever go down that point. The shoulder isn't recovering to a point to pull back a compound yet of the poundage I want to shoot at.

So thats something someone will have to consider.

Heck id join for doe only on my part. But I was in a club that was 8points or better when i was younger. I liked that never shoot a buck on the club but got a couple does a year. Rather hold out and wait on a big boy then pop the young bucks. The old bucks don't exist on wmas anymore.

I got a doe on the corps land the sunday before last the freezer has been empty for awhile now.

Yea if its north of 285 I'm good drive from canton to sandy springs daily so I hate Atlanta traffic.

But to clearify the bow only thing I hunt with a crossbow a lot of people have hate towards us using a crossbow. Its not cause its easy which its not. Its due to a shoulder injury. Not listed as handycapped and don't care ever go down that point. The shoulder isn't recovering to a point to pull back a compound yet of the poundage I want to shoot at.

So thats something someone will have to consider.

Heck id join for doe only on my part. But I was in a club that was 8points or better when i was younger. I liked that never shoot a buck on the club but got a couple does a year. Rather hold out and wait on a big boy then pop the young bucks. The old bucks don't exist on wmas anymore.
xbow would be fine...

Back
Top Bottom