• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any Microtech Dealers Here?

I am thinking about an Ultratech. But I have considered the Combat Troodon. I'd like it to be an every day carry, but I also want something strong and tough. I have big hands so I am not really sure if the Ultratech is going to work for me.

I have owned the MetalMark, Ultratech, Troodon, Combat Troodon, UTX70 and the new LUDT from BladeHQ.

My buddy has the DOC Killswitch and it is great as well.

A few notes:

1) Combat Troodon is massive. If you are a giant, this is for you.
2) Same for the DOC
3) Ultratech is amazing. Good size for an OTF and has a nice spring. Some say it is tough but they are women.
4) Troodon is absolutely perfect. Shorter frame but almost the same blade length as the ultratech.

I guess it all boils down to how you treat a pocket carry.

If this is hard abuse, the DOC, Combat Troodons and others like the SOCOM Delta are perfect.

If this is more of a gentleman knife for basic utility, I would say the trodden hands down is the perfect size shortly followed by the Ultratech.

If you want a slick auto (non OTF) check out the LUDT on BladeHQ.

Thanks, that is some good info....

I've had the Combat Troodon in my cart ready to check out for the past two days. I would really like to hold it in my hands before I make the purchase. Esp on a $400 knife. It sucks that I am debating between a $250 knife and a $400 knife. I abuse my knifes a lot and I have gone through a few that I thought were pretty well made, but I have never purchased an expensive knife like these. The only place I know of around here that has Microtech knives in stock is Trading Place Pawn in Monroe... thats still a 30 min drive for me.

Back
Top Bottom