Any of you guys edc a fixed blade knife?

VanillaGuerrilla

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
119   0
Reaction score
I never have but I'm thinking about it. Maybe an IWB set up or on the belt. What's good? I love the look of that chris reeves professional soldier and the esee izula. I just don't know if I wanna drop chris reeves money on what's going to be a work horse knife. Wanted to check with the experienced. Thanks!

In. I'm also contemplating the switch. I use my EDC knife for everything and I always manage to get the nastiest junk in the folding mechanism. Yes I wash it from time to time...

One of my folders is totally down right now until I get the proper Torx wrench to take it apart. Got silicone in the mechanism :(

I used to carry a CRKT neck knife, when I had dress pants on and a knife clip would stand out. Sort of a pain to get it to back into the holster but I hate ever being without a knife.

I'd love to EDC a fixed blade but I'd be starting to look like I stole Bat Mans utility belt if I added anything else to it. Gun at 3 o'clock and cellphone at 9 o'clock is enough.

I recently made the switch from carrying an Ontario XM1 to a Chris Reeve PS. Tons of mounting angle options with a Teklok and the whole package is small enough to be unobtrusive. I'm tough on knives, my XM1 still locks up tight, but it looks like hell and I always had that little voice in the back of my head when I was really beating on it.....no more worries with the PS.
Here it is with its big sibling the Pacific.

i179.photobucket.com_albums_w317_spcterry_IMG_20150328_1534029eee0915b344f157ef14dd9ad00295a96.jpg
[/URL]

Bud Nealy
Pesh - Kabz

Carried it for years. Super slim, reinforced tip and came with an iwb sheath at the time.

Attachments

• K-I-D-3-19-15-24.jpg
    K-I-D-3-19-15-24.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 40
I carry one that I made IWB fairly frequently. The knife is a simple knife with about 3" blade, around .130" thick (I think) with slim peel ply G10 handles. The knife rides close to my body and is unobtrusive.

Back
Top Bottom