Any older guys have regrets due to pain from shooting.

Gotta admit that I never thought I would see 30 as a teenager. Now I'm feeling every joint 30 years later.

The only thing worse than growing older is not growing older... but at least I still have my boyish good looks!

No. It's simply because I thought a lot about the effects of my decisions and it's kept me away from a lot of terrible problem down the road (drugs, women, alcohol, not wearing ear protection, etc). Common sense ya'll.
Yeah, we all should have done that, but would have missed an awful lot of fun.
Time to pay the toll for the ride to get here.

I wish the pain was from shooting. Mine is from swinging a hammer and using nail guns most of my life.....and klien #9s when i was a rodbuster for 5 years

Right shoulder nearly gone. Left shoulder maybe half as bad. I shoot both right and left handed 90% hearing loss in right ear, 60% in the left. Do I regret it? Not really.

I was at the audiologist last week 50% lose of hearing in my left ears and 30% in my right . Its my fault I shot a million rounds with out hearing protection, Don't make the same mistake I made, I wear plugs and muffs every time I shoot now .

WHAT ? lol Could not help myself, as a 0861 lost my hearing to artillery and air long ago !! Oscar Ramer

I load dewc over 3.0 of bullseye. It's not bad. Do you think a 125 bullet would be softer still?

At the same velocity, the 125 grain bullet lowers recoil by about 25%. If you're experiencing pain from light target loads, I'm thinking every bit helps.

I used a Rem 1100 12 gage for 3 gun matches back when slugs ruled the day and we always had a min of a dozen +/- slug shots at plates, etc. time was of the essence and my shotty help 11 rounds so I'd pound em fast as possible then switch to shot for another dozen, also shooting a Moison regularly till my right shoulder was shot out and I had to do this,
4F7F7D12-FC02-4A02-9562-20BEC4E13270 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom