Any one have any info on this M1 Carbine Bolt

Gaffer1968

Air Force Icon
1956 DeSoto (pushbutton transmission)
112   0
Reaction score
I have a complete M1 Carbine bolt that I've had for a long time, trying to figure out what make it is. It has only two markings on the flat bolt body. A "31" and a small stamp that looks like a 5 line star inside a circle. Anyone have any info?

Attachments

• IMG_3601.jpg
    IMG_3601.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3603.jpg
    IMG_3603.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 29
Nothing on the lugs.??? That's where most carbine bolts are marked.

I've taken it down to every part removed: Extractor and springs, ejector and it's springs and firing pin down to the steel body without parts. Only what I've described...I chalked it up to a foreign job and that's why I didn't put it in any of the carbines I was 'collecting."\'

Looked thru all my Carbine data and notes... All IP bolts are marked on the right lug, there is no mention of numbers stamped on the bottom of bolt either... plus, I am really curious as to why the firing pin is also unmarked and the extractor also... these parts should also be marked, unless they were scrubbed or are foreign made.???

Looked thru all my Carbine data and notes... All IP bolts are marked on the right lug, there is no mention of numbers stamped on the bottom of bolt either... plus, I am really curious as to why the firing pin is also unmarked and the extractor also... these parted should also be marked, unless they were scrubbed or are foreign made.???

I agree. This is why I never put it in the last M1 Carbine I built out... Thanks for taking the time to look through your stuff..

Back
Top Bottom