Any One here go to Road Atlanta or Atlanta Motorsports Park?

BenStark

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
27   0
Reaction score
I am about to sell my V Wagon and I am thinking of dipping my toes into road racing. I was wondering if anyone here goes to the track. Just looking to gain some second hand experience before I get on the track. Anyone have any trips planned where I can tag along and check things out?

Back in the day I rode my R1 on Road Atlanta a couple of times on track days.

Never could figure out how to string all the corners together.

Amazing track.

Good luck!

Sign up for one of the performance driving/racing schools that RA does. That will be a good way of seeing what its like, getting some basic knowledge about race/track procedures, and sometimes even certifies you for a SCCA racing license.

Then get ready to kiss all of your disposable income away. :0

Budget your money and then triple that amount . I used to race cars at Road Atlanta . It will eat into all of your free time as well , like having a second job. Plan on an engine a year if you do not blow it up. you will want to freshen it up at least once a year . Plan on a set of tires either every weekend or every other weekend . Food , lodging , beer , entry fees , misc things that break . Also the car or bike should never be loaded up to go to the track unless it is 100% ready to go . You go to the track to race . The only thing you should be doing at the track is tuning and checking tire pressures , adding fuel.

Budget your money and then triple that amount . I used to race cars at Road Atlanta . It will eat into all of your free time as well , like having a second job. Plan on an engine a year if you do not blow it up. you will want to freshen it up at least once a year . Plan on a set of tires either every weekend or every other weekend . Food , lodging , beer , entry fees , misc things that break . Also the car or bike should never be loaded up to go to the track unless it is 100% ready to go . You go to the track to race . The only thing you should be doing at the track is tuning and checking tire pressures , adding fuel.

Yeah, I used to drag race, but I got really tired of that because it was just a game of money and risk. Honestly, at first I would probably be really excited to make 2-3 track days a year. After that I might make more.

Back
Top Bottom