• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any one work in the Automotive Insurance industry?

Madrox

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Fancy Man of Cornwood
476   1
Reaction score
I have a 99 Crown Victoria and it was in great shape till I got side swiped on 10-30-12.

I was not at fault, other guy was and was issued a citation for failure to maintain lane.

I took it to Ford here in Conyers and they quoted a little over $3200 dollars for repairs, not including the damage to the suspension since i was hit on the passenger side and my steer tire is off by 10-15%, pulls hard to one side and makes terrible noise over bumps.

Appraiser came out, looked at it for about a minute and took some pics. I asked what he thought and he said it would be close. I said I love the car, but it blue books for $3200, and I would rather it totaled because of possible future issues from the damage.

He said he would call me last night. I hadn't heard, so I call today. He said, oh yeah, I had a chance to look at it. Just drop it off at ford and they will start the repairs and do a supplemental once they hit the suspension.

I called to speak with my claim worker to see what I can do, but they are closed till Monday.

Why would they not total it since the repairs will be more? Is this something I can refuse and ask for it to be totaled? Any info would help and be appreciated.

Attachments

• ford1.jpg
    ford1.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 30
  • ford2.jpg
    ford2.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 28
  • ford3.jpg
    ford3.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 26
  • ford4.jpg
    ford4.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 26
The insurance should provide the info, if not get the estimate from whomever he said to take it to. Maybe things have changed a lot, but they always relied on an estimate from 3 shops, unless one of their designated ones. From what you said he is relying on his own assessment which is a little odd.

Have them send you a check. Then look for another car.

OR

Go to pull apart and get the A arms and spindle etc. Swap them over. Get an alignment. Take the rest of the money and save for a newer car.

Have them send you a check. Then look for another car.

OR

Go to pull apart and get the A arms and spindle etc. Swap them over. Get an alignment. Take the rest of the money and save for a newer car.

That is an idea. Perhaps I could get them to send me the check, repair the suspension, sell this car cheap and look for another one.

Back
Top Bottom