Any recommendations for in-wall safes?

dawg

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
13   0
Reaction score
The wife and I have a little one on the way. I want to get a small in-wall safe for easy handgun access. However, most of the ones that I find online have crap reviews.

Any ones that you have firsthand experience with?

Congrats on the little one. I had the same idea at one point, but basically ran into what you’re probably finding. The biggest benefit, & greatest security feature, was that you can hide it by hanging a picture over it. Otherwise, not very big, or secure, etc.

Other than the cool factor of having a in the wall safe.
I don’t really see how it helps to child proof your home from in newborn infant?
And just like putting childproof locks on cabinets and doors as he/she gets older and starts to walk. ..you will continue to raise your accessible handgun to a higher and higher level. Out of reach.

And congratulations on the baby.

Thanks for the congrats all. Wife rules that it must be in a safe of some sort, so I can’t progressively move it up a shelf. I don’t want a small safe that can just be picked up and walked out with, so I landed on in wall safe.

Granite3 Granite3 - Thanks for the link. Would you buy it again? Any issues?

I started with a couple of those electronica jobs. Biometric and keypad. All of them quit working within 18 months. None were dependable. I would never put a gun in another one.

Some of them that require an RF ID card or a key seem even more retarded.

Now I really like V-line.

The all mechanical operation of the V line, requires no key, RF ID card, batteries, etc. Always works. I have their small one and the big in wall safe. A little expensive on the in wall, but I am 100% happy with it.

I have a verifi brand safe. It has been good for the past 2 years I have had it.
It is a countertop safe that came with a cable to secure it.

it opens quickly and reliably with a fringerprint scan. That is my biggest concern that it will open every time.

Back
Top Bottom