Any RV/ Travel Trailer users?

klarktx

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
107   0
Reaction score
I recently picked up a decent travel trailer and plan to get alot of use out of it.

Interested to listen to anyone else that enjoys this, favorite spots and maybe some do's and don'ts...

maiden voyage this weekend. Grew up a tent camping family. But to get wife and kids started, trying this out.

Im a big fan of lakes and mountains.

Thanks

Starting our 3rd year camping. Started with a 24 ft. Coachman and upgraded to a 30 footer last year. Plenty of State Parks throughout Ga. If you don't have a full hookup site your gray water tanks will fill up fast. Showers, washing dishes etc. Uses a lot of water. Use the bathhouse if available and paper products to reduce dish washing. Check out rv.net for plenty of tips and tricks. The main thing is have a good time.

Yea. I see the assortment of parks. Trying Vogel out this weekend.

You travel with pets?
we have a 30'. In good shape, but im sure some little things will become evident on first outing.

And looking for full hook ups. Not wanting to do the dump the waste stuff often.

We are stoked. Hope the weather is good. But we have board games, etc. Kids bikes coming along, the works.

Great tip on the paper products.

Thanks Dixie

We travel with a lab and a ankle biter. I enjoy walking them around the campsites throughout the day. Most people we've seen camping also bring the pets. Spent a week last summer in Jacksonville camping and one of our neighbors had 13 birds in their camper. We have definitely met some interesting folks. Spent a week the summer before on Jekyll island and the kids had a blast. They would rather go camping than stay at a hotel now.

It's always good to be close to a Wal Mart / Lowe's on a maiden voyage, you are bound to forget something food, repair parts tools etc., just my .02 :D

We like to go to Helen GA. We go to a place called enota.
2013-03-07 10.21.39-1.jpg

We've had both a travel trailer and a class A motorhome over the years. We made several long western road trips with them. One spot that was really cool was spending the night at the campground the Cabelas at Sidney, Nebraska. :)

My wife and I camp several times a year. I suggest the state parks, at least til the family gets the bug really bad. They have clean bathrooms (other than your RV), nice facilities, playgrounds, lakes, and are reasonably priced. Go ahead and get an annual pass as well. It is well worth it. Welcome to the club!

Try Stone Mountain State Park to start off. You are close to home, Absolutely beautiful campgrounds, Walmart within 2 miles, etc. Make sure everything is secure inside real good, before you start a rollin!!

Back
Top Bottom