• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any Shops in Gwinnett Do Free Bore Sighting?

Chris set up one for me using a wheeler laser bore sighter when he was still at Norcoss, did an excellent job, on paper near the bullseye at 100 yds and very little adjustment needed. I highly recommend you go see him at John's Creek.

this doesn't make any sense to me. how's this different from just normal zero-ing the scope yourself? I normally enjoy zero-ing scopes however this caliber is 60cents to a dollar a round so I want it on paper 1st, hence the bore sighting.
I use a 3x5 sheet of white easel paper. shoot first round. Put crosshair on your bullet hole and hold steady. Then rotate windage or elevation till it hits bulls eye.
Took 4 rounds on my last rifle .

Can't see down the barrel on the 742.
Ha! Had the same problem last weekend sighting a 742 in. Put target at 15 yards, backed the 3x9 all the way out to 3 (had to to see target) and I could actually see the front sight and a fair amount barrel through the scope. Lined up barrel with vertical crosshair. That got my windage at least. Pulled the trigger and was an inch high, dead center. Better to be lucky sometimes. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom