• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Straight Razors??

I have several old razors, all figural, mostly feminine, from about 1890 or so. I used to shave with them but it seemed a little eccentric, even for me. I think they are in a box in storage.
I don't use mine often. I really haven't developed the technique yet where it is worth the time. Definitely easier to get a clean line around the beard and corners of the mustache though.
Met an old man at an antique shop few years ago that says he has a lot in a large storage unit he would sell but I don't think he will ever get them out. He is in his 80's and it isn't a priority. Said he had a Puma razor made for Nazi SS that is worth no telling how much. Really nice guy though and I check in with him once in a while.

I have a handful of them. Shave with them too.
Any pics?

I don't use mine often. I really haven't developed the technique yet where it is worth the time. Definitely easier to get a clean line around the beard and corners of the mustache though.
Met an old man at an antique shop few years ago that says he has a lot in a large storage unit he would sell but I don't think he will ever get them out. He is in his 80's and it isn't a priority. Said he had a Puma razor made for Nazi SS that is worth no telling how much. Really nice guy though and I check in with him once in a while.

Any pics?

Not right now.

I have a ERN (German), a John Nesbitt (Sheffield Eng.), Case XX (US), Frederick Reynolds- Pre 1880 (Sheffield Eng.) which is one of my best shavers, Genco (US). That's it for now.

Not right now.

I have a ERN (German), a John Nesbitt (Sheffield Eng.), Case XX (US), Frederick Reynolds- Pre 1880 (Sheffield Eng.) which is one of my best shavers, Genco (US). That's it for now.

I've got a few, but most need restoring, but I don't I have anywhere to work on stuff in this tiny apartment.

One of the Kinfolks founders was a member of the Case family. Bought a Case XX too from Jim Sargent in AL.

Automatic straight razor...
IMG_6794.JPG

I have an old Boker Red Indian with the box. That sucker can still hold an edge.

A lot of old razors are over 100 years old. The steel is softer, but they shave fine if the edge isn't compromised and the spine doesn't have too much hone wear.
This one is a work in progress. Got several that need to be finished.
IMG_20170914_154407364.jpg

Back
Top Bottom