Any tips for cheap or free sound dampening insulation?

Also hang ceiling tile verticle down from the ceiling every 3 feet or so and dont do them straight at different angles. It breaks the sound waves so it dosen't carry thru the room.. Is used in large industrial buildings and warehouses. But yes the spray foam or spray glue on the walls and shoot packing peanuts all over the walls. U can keep building it up to about 6 inches thick. Works great. Have seen it in a underground shooting range at a house in a subdivision.

Go and see Big Woods in Canton. They have the quietest range I know of, and it's big. I would imagine the sound proofing could be reasonable. On of the guys there told me that a lot of their effective sound proofing came from the floor.?

From the ceiling hang 2X4 panels of shag carpeting in staggered rows. Goes a Long way to damping the sound. The other aspect is vibration that you will get on the walls. Look at all the sights about sound proofing home recording studios etc. The basics are the same.

Whatever you use, try to have an air space between layers, this can help as a sound dampening gap.Lots info online as always.

Back
Top Bottom